Xiaomi Notebook Pro 120G, Best high performance Laptop at a Budget friendly Price

 Xiaomi Notebook Pro 120G 

Xiaomi Notebook Pro 120G

Xiaomi has always been all about value for money, be it phones, laptops, TVs, any other gadgets. So when this arrived, the new Xiaomi Notebook Pro 120 G. The question on my mind was is this really good for 852$.?Should you be buying this? Let's answer that. So this is the Xiaomi Notebook Pro 120 G. And there's a lot of things to like about this laptop. 


MacBook Design Again 

For example, like the previous Xiaomi laptops, this too looks like a Mac Book. It's pretty apparent, but it's not a bad thing if you ask me. A lot of people want the MacBook form factor in a Windows laptop at a lower price. And this brings that. Again, just look at the laptop. It has a matte aluminum built all across. And I like the clean design, the rounded corners, the narrow bezels on the screen, the massive trackpad, the indentation here to open the lid, which by the way, you can open with one hand. I also like the fact that this is very, very portable. It weighs 1.4 kgs and it is fairly thin at15 9 mean, I've been using this laptop and I've been carrying it around beat in my hand or in my bag and it's no problem at all. 


Fingerprint scanner

Fingerprint scanner

Now, I did notice a couple of useful features and design. First, there is a fingerprint scanner in the power button and it is fast and responsive. No problems there.


Ambient Light Sensor

Ambient Light Sensor

there is this ambient light sensor here and there is this option in the display settings to adjust brightness automatically. Now, here it is in action and yeah, it actually works really well. I said that there are a lot of things that I like about this laptop, but there are also some things that I don't like. 


Webcam and Ports 

Webcam

One example of that is the 720p Webcam. I know it's fine, a lot of laptops still use 720p webcams. But yeah, it's time we move to 1080p webcam anyway. 

Ports

The ports are fine. I like it. There is a Thunderbolt Four port here, but I don't like the fact that there's only one USB A port. I mean, it's not a deal breaker.  

Ports


Speakers

Speakers

Speakers are right here and they're surprisingly loud. I mean, the audio is flat with no bass, but the sound quality is decent enough. But the loudness is something I was really impressed with. 


Display

Display

Moving on, I do like this 14 inch display. These are the specs. You can pause and take a look, but this is a high resolution display and that means this is great for work because everything looks sharp and crisp. And not just this. Videos look great too. The colors are also good for both entertainment and work. It has 100% sRGB coverage, so it's good if your use case requires a screen with accurate colors. Now, just to make it clear, the colors here aren't OLED levels good. I mean, I would always prefer OLED over IPS, but yeah, this is a good IPS panel. I mean, the bright is also good enough. I know 308 sounds kind of low, but it was adequate and I use it surprisingly. One thing to note this is a matte display. And I know a lot of people prefer Mad displays over glossy ones, but personally, I'm not a big fan of Mad displays in a work laptop, a thin and light work laptop like this one. But I want to know what's your opinion on this? Let me know in the comments. One big change when compared to previous army laptops is the 120 Hz refresh rate. And when the display is set to 120 hertz the UI, the scrolling does feel smoother, but it's important to note that this does drain the battery faster. 


Battery and Charging

Battery

To give you an idea, the 56 watt battery on the Xiaomi Notebook Pro lasted for five, five and a half hours, with the screen set to 120 brightest at around 50%.With the screen set to 60, battery life goes up to7 hours, which is a pretty big difference we are making. The charger is a Type C charger, which is nice, and it takes the laptop from ten to 80% in 1 hour, ten minutes. Also, USB PD charging is supported. 


Specs & Benchmarks 

Specs & Benchmarks

Anyway, let's talk about the specs under the hood. The Xiaomi Notebook Pro comes with a twelve gen Core I 512 450 H processor, which is fine, comparable to other processors in the same price range. It also has the MX 550 GPU. But what I really like is that the Xiaomi Notebook Pro has the faster DDR five Ram and the latest fast gen four SSD.I mean, all the laptops in the same price range have DDR four and gen three SSDs. And you can see the difference in ramp speeds, right? So overall, these are good specs for a laptop at this price. I mean, you can see the fast gen four SSD speeds here. You can see the good CPU scores in Geek bench. And the MX 550 is not a very powerful GPU, but it is fine and definitely better than IDs XE or Intel UHD graphics. Now, it's not just the specs or numbers. 


Performance Thermal & Gaming

The real world performance of this laptop is also very good. My use case involves a lot of Chrome tabs, some minor photo editing, lots of movies and TV shows, and this laptop handles all of that without any lag or stutter. It's not just this. We tested a lot of intensive use cases and this laptop form as well. For example, this is 15 Chrome tabs open, two4K videos playing Photoshop open in the background, along with File Explorer, Microsoft Store, and as you can see, there's no lag or starter. The performance remains good and solid. And you can check out the CPU and Ram usage here .It is all fine. Now, if you're wondering how an app like Photo shop works on this laptop, well, we edited a photo in Photoshop with multiple layers, and the performance was very smooth, no lag or anything. The thermal has also seemed fine. We did not notice the laptop body or the internal heating up any time. And there are dual fans here which are mostly silent with dual heat pipes, as you can see. And if you're wondering, the ramp is soldered and not upgradable, but the SSD can be upgraded. Now, the MX 550 GPU isn't exactly aimed at gaming, but it is a discrete GPU. So we had to game on this laptop and things are pretty interesting. I mean, we played some sports titles and the performance was pretty good. I mean, value rant at QHD resolution and Ultra settings is very smooth on the laptop, especially thanks to the 120 Hz screen. I mean, the FPS is over 100all the time, which is awesome. Apex Legends at full HD and low settings has an FPS of over 60, which is definitely playable. Basically, you can do some casual gaming on this. Performance is one of the impressive factors of the Xiaomi Notebook Pro.


Keyboard and Touchpad

Keyboard and Touchpad

But I was also very impressed with the keyboard and the trackpad. I mean, I know a lot of laptops in this price range that compromise on either one of these features, so I'm just glad that Xiaomi did not. The keyboard here is backlit and the typing experience here is amazing. I mean, I'm someone who values a good keyboard and if you type a lot, you'll like this. The feedback is good, the keys are perfectly sized. And I also like this macro key, which you can set to open any app. For example, here it is set to chrome. And yeah, this is useful. The trackpad, like I said at the start, is huge and it is very smooth to use and the clicks feel right to so this is a great keyboard trackpad combo. And apart from all this, the Xiaomi Notebook Pro is sorted in terms of connectivity. It has dual band Wi Fi six and Bluetooth five point to support it. 

Verdict!  

So, coming to the verdict first of all, the Xiaomi Notebook Pro 120 G comes in two variants. I mean, all the specs are the same, the GPU is the only difference and the one with the Intel UHD graphics costs Rupee 69 triple nine. And the one with the MX 550 GPU cost RP 74 triple nine. Now, the question is, should you buy the Xiaomi Notebook Pro 120 G? The answer is yes. Let me show you the Pros and Cons for more clarity. See, I like this design a lot. I know it's MacBook inspired, but it's well done with no weird quirks. The display is another big Pro 120 Hz color accurate with adaptive brighter support is good. The performance is also a big positive. I like that it has the latest twelve gen CPU, latest Ram and storage. And this feels like a fast laptop. Another positive is a very good keyboard and track pad. Coming to the Cons batting life could have been better. I mean 5 hours with the screen set to 120 brightness is not bad, it's descent, but yeah, I was expecting better. Another con is the 720p camera. And then there's the fact that the Ram cannot be upgraded. Now there is 16 GB Ram, but some people might find this a problem. So if you think about it, there's actually no big con. And that's the reason this feels like a very good thin and lightweight laptop. Now there are some other good options like the Asus Vivo Book S 14 OLED, which as the name says has OLED, which a lot of people will prefer. It also has a slightly faster processor and it also has a bigger battery. The Xiaomi Notebook Pro 120 G on the other hand has faster ramp and it also has the 120 Hz refresh rate. Anyway, what do you guys think of the new Xiaomi Notebook Pro 123? Comment down below. 


Thanks for coming.  




 





 
 


 








   

Post a Comment

0 Comments